1 week’s rent will be required to hold a room, the “Holding Deposit”
The “Holding Deposit” is non-refundable when:
- A Potential Tenant fails to return via email a completed and signed Tenant Registration form within 72 hours of paying the “Holding Deposit”.
- Potential Tenant fails to provide the required information to conduct Credit Check (UK Address for last 3 years), Employment Reference (Current Employer Line Manager/HR), Landlords Reference (Landlord Contact Details or Letting Agent Details for last 3 years) and bank statements within 72 hours of paying the “Holding Deposit”
- Potential Tenant fails to move into the property by the agreed move in date (within 15 days of paying the “Holding Deposit” or completing The Tenant Registration form which ever is sooner)
- A Potential Tenant fails to enter into a tenancy agreement within 15 days of paying the “Holding Deposit”
- A Potential Tenant provides false or misleading information at the time of applying for a tenancy
- A Potential Tenant fails to disclose information in relation to rent arrears during their previous tenancies over the last 5 years
- A Potential Tenant chooses not to enter into a tenancy agreement, or fails to take reasonable steps to enter into a tenancy agreement
- A Potential Tenant fails to provide the rent and/or security deposit no later than the deadline of the agreement or 15 days after paying the “Holding Deposit”
- A Potential Tenant who does not achieve a TransUnion Gauge score of 560 or greater and is unwilling to pay a months rent as a bond and/or provide a home owner guarantor or a premium on the advertised monthly rent (which ever is deemed applicable by the Landlord or their Agent) for the duration of the required tenancy. This will be assessed on a case by case basis and the subject to individual applicants circumstances.
Each potential tenant will be required to provide the required information and undergo the following checks:
- Credit Reference
- Landlord Reference
- Employment Reference
- UK Address for the last 3 years
- Bank statements 3-6 months (Landlords Discretion)
Payments in Default (as per the terms of your tenancy agreement)
Lost/Damaged keys or tenants locked out of their Room/Property
- we will only attend your property with keys in office hours 9AM–3PM Monday-Friday subject to staff being available and there will be a charge of £30.00 for this, plus the cost of new keys and locks, there is no charge if the lock has failed.
- If the Key is lost for front/back door of the property the Tenant will be responsible for costs of replacing locks, plus additional keys cut for other tenants at the property, landlord and their agent.
- Tenants with lost keys or who are locked out of the property outside of core business hours will be required to pay a £100.00 emergency “call-out” plus cost to replace key/locks or arrange for their own locksmith.
- Tenant(s) will incur a charge of £200.00 if they lose their issued key for the Asgard bike storage shed during the tenancy or if it is not returned at the end of the Tenancy.
Payments in Default Before & During Your Tenancy
- The Potential/Tenant agrees to pay an administration fee of Thirty-Five Pounds GBP (£35.00) per letter sent to Tenant in respect to any Rent or other money lawfully due which is in arrears for more than Seven days (7 days) after the day on which it became due
- The Potential/Tenant agrees to pay a “Trace” cost of £200.00 if they vacate the Premises with any Rent, outstanding debt or other money lawfully due and have not provided the Landlord or their Agent with a future correspondence address. The Tenant agrees to pay any legal costs the Landlord or their Agent occurs during the process of recovering Rent or money lawfully due.
- Additional copies of the Tenancy Agreement will incur a charge £35.00
- Additional copies of the Inventory will incur a charge of £35.00
- Tenancy redraft due to tenant changing tenancy start date £35.00
- To receive the original copy of “Tenant Registration Form” returned via first class post £35.00 no charge to receive a copy via email
Tenancy Check-ins & Checkouts
- Tenancy check-ins and checkouts are required to take place between core office hours of 09.00 and 15.00, Monday to Friday (there is no charge for “check-ins” & “checkouts” conducted during core office hours)
- If a Tenancy check-in or checkout is required outside of core office hours a charge of £60.00 will be levied for the first hour. Any time after the initial hour will be charged at a rate of £60.00 for every additional 20 minute period.
- Missed Tenancy check-in and checkouts appointments will incur a £60.00 charge unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the appointment via email to email@example.com